Wednesday 23 June 2010

1 week countdown begins :o)

Hola mes amigos... ohhh crap that's the wrong language :-p ... Jambo!

Well it's official the 1 week countdown can begin... this time next week we will be anxiously/excitedly waiting to board our plane... eeeek!

Over the past few weeks I have been keeping myself busy with preparations for Tanzania. I have had plenty of opportunities to practice my first aid skills... on myself unfortunately!! But on the plus side I feel I am now capable of dealing with a burn whilst I'm panicking :o) Luckily for me I had Nikki Wellings and Clare Wells on speed dial to advise and keep me calm whilst I was treating my burn waiting to be taken to the hospital... also I've been treating my toe after I had an operation on it sooooo I can successfully dress a wound.
Everything seems to be happening at the worst time for me at the minute.... I'm having a streak of bad luck :o( as well as all the above, I've had to go to the dentist after managing to rip half my tooth out on a bon bon (stupid sweets!) and I stood on some glass at my graduation ball and managed to take a small chunk out of my foot! I'm hoping that my bad luck will swiftly turn to good luck before I depart for Africa as I would really like to just focus on delivering the first aid syllabus instead of treating myself!

Apart from my preparations for Tanzania... my life has been pretty relaxed. University = done! Well apart from one final assignment result to come back but I'm not focusing on that because of a small thing called Africa!! I was treated by my parents on Saturday and got to go and see Swan Lake in London with my sister which absolutely blew me away and on Monday a nice meal out with my boyfriend Dan.

Today consisted of chilling with fellow FAA volunteer Clare Wells, FAA team leader Nikki Wellings and a couple of friends in the back garden watching England play and catching some rays! Nikki Wellings also brutally went through my list of items I want to take with me to Africa and got rid of quite a few of them... whilst laughing.... a lot!

Anyways I've noticed I'm rambling on now...

7 Days to go until Tg4 departs to Tanzania.... Woot Woot!

xXx

P.s - for Clare Wells 7days and 20 minutes until our flight departs :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment