Monday 5 July 2010

We Made It!!!!

Jambo!!!

We finally arrived in Moshi, Tanzania on Friday after three long days of travelling. The journey didn't go as smoothly as most expected!! Every leg of our journey was an adventure in itself!!!

The journey began at London Heathrow with a flight to Dubai. This signalled the start of the adventure. The flight began well, but went downhill as people began to drift of to sleep. I happily began drifting of to sleep whilst watching some Disney movies. However, when I woke I didn't feel too good, infact I thought I might pass out. When I mentioned this to Becca she simply rolled over and carried on sleeping. It took more poking to convince her I wasn't feeling great!! I stumbled to the bacl galley where they insisted I needed oxygen! So I sat for 20 minutes looking like duck whilst the other volunteers gathered around taking pictures!!

Following that traumatic flight, we had an 8 hour stop over in Dubai airport and found some lounger chairs and curled up and slept!! The flight to Nairobi was fairly uninventful! We landed Thursday night in Nairobi and went straight to the hotel and slept!!

The next morning we awoke bright and early to catch our bus to Moshi. To say the least the bus journey was the bumpiest journey I have ever had, and after about 10 hours sat on a bus we finally arrived in Moshi!!

Any how, I only have two mins left so I am going to leave this here.

Bye xxx

PS parents reading this....we are safe and well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment